Rugo Stone contracted to be the General Contractor for the complete restoration of this chapel. This chapel contains the body of Bishop Shahan and is below the hand-carved Botticino sarcophagus, which is positioned centrally in the chapel. The chapel was founded in 1932 and completed in 1962.
Rugo performed an extensive restoration in 2003. Our work included dismantling all of the repolishing, patching and repairs, re-installing the floors, selective replacement of historic French and Italian floor marbles which had been damaged almost beyond repair, and a complete repolishing of the flooring. We re-gilded all the hand-cut letters and repainted the decorative patterned walls and ceiling to match the exact colors and pattern of the original work. This project represents Rugo’s ability to manage entire historic restorations and complete them with precise quality.